KEY MARKET FACTORS
How long does it take to sell a home? There is no easy answer – some homes sell in a few days, others may take several months. Recognizing the key factors influencing marketing can give you significant control over the time it takes to sell your home. The proper balance of these factors will expedite your sale.
* Location is the single greatest factor affecting the value of your home.
* Neighbourhood desirability is the key to a property’s fair market value.
* Property condition affects price and speed of the sale.
* Optimizing physical appearance and advance preparation maximizes value.
* Buyers compare your property against competing properties.
* Buyers interpret value based on other available properties.
* The more terms available, the broader the market, the quicker the sale and the higher the price you’ll receive.
* Terms structured to meet your objectives are important to successful marketing.
* The real estate market may reflect a seller’s market or a buyer’s market.
* Market conditions cannot be manipulated; an individually tailored marketing plan must be developed accordingly.
* If your property is not properly priced, a sale may be delayed or even prevented.